Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Carlton Football Club & Patience

I grew up through the glory years of premierships in 1968, 1970, 1972, 1979, 1981, 1982 & 1987 (with of course 1995 as well) admiring the skill of such players as John Nicholls, Robert Walls, Jezza, Mike Fitzpatrick, Wayne Harmes, Ken Sheldon, Peter Bosustow, Wayne Johnston, Bruce Doull, David Rhys-Jones, Greg Williams & Stephen Kernahan. I have each of these victorious Grand Finals on DVD. However, in recent times wins have been scarce, and playing style somewhat difficult to watch. Carlton fans have no choice but to be patient. I am learning a new lesson concerning football which is also a very important lesson in life. When things aren't going so well, I need to hang in and be patient, and trust that things will get better. I need to reflect on the many positives of the past, and know that blessings are not far away. I can also pray, thus focussing on God's love and care for me. There will be a win around the corner - I just don't think it will be this week against Melbourne (however I'm willing to be surprised)!